Enjoy Peace Of Mind With Mechanical Breakdown Protection.
Protect your credit rating and finances against costly repairs.
Even the most reliable cars can have a mechanical issue. With the average purchase price of a new car now at $47,000, most cars will be financed for an extended term – 60, 72 or even 84 months. The best manufacturer’s warranties will provide new cars with 10-year/100,000 mile coverage for powertrain components, but only 5-Year/60,000 mile coverage for everything else. That means you could face an expensive repair while still making monthly loan payments. COPFCU offers Route 66 Mechanical Breakdown Protection for both new and pre-owned passenger vehicles.
Each Route 66 protection plan includes:
- $0 deductible
- Nationwide coverage at the repair facility of your choice
- Rental car allowance
- 24/7 roadside assistance
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- Ability to transfer the plan if car is sold
- Trip interruption
- Direct payment of repairs by Route66 to the repair facility
- Total Loss Refund – If your car is declared a total loss by the insurance company due to collision or act of God, the entire original premium will be refunded to you.
Which plan is best for me?
Three different protection plans are available.
- Easy Street – Best Available Protection
- Main Street – Deluxe Protection
- First Street – Drivetrain Coverage
Easy Street Coverage
Best Available Protection
Components Covered: Because so many components are covered in this protection plan, it is not possible to list every single component. Instead, it is easier to list the small number of parts that are not covered: oil, brake shoes, belts, hoses, tires, tune-up items, filters, A/C coolants, exhaust and emission parts, sound reproduction, collision avoidance, lane departure warning system and safety restraint system, lighting, cosmetic and body parts, glass and paint.
Optional Electronics Equipment Package at an Additional Cost: Covers expensive electronics and technology components including GPS/navigation components, key fob repair or replacement with exchange, liquid crystal display (LCD) screens, DVD players, satellite radios, MP3 enabled ratios, stereos.
Main Street Coverage
Deluxe Protection – Includes all items in First Street plan plus the following:
- Air conditioning – Factory installed compressor, clutch and coil assembly, evaporator, accumulator, and condenser. Evacuation and recharge in conjunction with the replacement of listed components.
- Steering – Power steering pump, electronic steering motor, steering gear housing and its internal parts and rack and pinion assembly.
- Brakes – Master cylinder, ABS master cylinder, brake booster, wheel cylinders, disc brake calipers, hydraulic lines and fittings.
- Cooling – Radiator, fan clutch, water pump, cooling fan motor.
- Engine – Timing chain, belt tensioner and guides, intake manifold, cylinder head gaskets, valve lash adjusters, pickup screen and tube, valve guides, valve spring locks & retainers, harmonic balancer.
- Fuel delivery – Fuel pump, fuel tank, fuel injectors, metal fuel lines, fuel sending unit.
- Front suspension* – Upper/lower control arms, upper/lower ball joints, steering knuckle, wheel bearings, control arm shaft and bushings. *Vehicles under 85,000 miles at contract purchase.
- Electrical – Battery, voltage regulator, alternator, front/rear wiper motors and module, window motors, window regulators, cooling fan motor, electric fuel pump, ignition module and coils, engine operation computer, distributor, starter, starter solenoid, seat motors, door lock actuators, manually operated switches for above-listed parts.
- Automatic transmission – Chain, drum assembly, solenoids, bushings, accumulator, clutches, bands, servos, parking pawl, speedometer gear, transmission cooler, pistons.
First Street Coverage
- Engine – Crankshaft & bearings, oil pump, oil pump pickup/screen and tube, pistons, rings, wrist pins, connecting rods & bearings, timing gears, chain/belt, timing tensioners/guides, camshaft, bearings, push rods, rocker arms/shaft, hydraulic lifters, intake and exhaust valves and springs, cylinder head gaskets. Engine block covered if mechanical failure was caused by above-listed parts.
- Standard transmission – Transmission parts consisting of gears, input and output shafts, bearings, overdrive housing. Transmission case if malfunction was caused by the above listed parts.
- Automatic transmission – Transmission parts consisting of gears, input and output shafts, bearings, front pump, planetary assembly, thrust washers, axle, axle bearings, limited slip clutch pack assembly, universal joints, CV joints, transfer case parts listed on contract.
- Drive axle assembly 2-wheel drive – Drive shaft, differential & CV joints, transfer case parts listed on contract.
- Cooling – Water pump (limited to 50% parts & labor)
- Electrical – Alternator, starter and voltage regulator (limited to 50% parts & labor)