Located inside the Northwest High School cafeteria, Knights Credit Union (KCU) is a fully operational credit union run in
partnership with the Cincinnati Police Federal Credit Union.
KCU provides real-life financial experience by enabling students to open and manage their own credit union accounts.
How do you join KCU?
It's easy! All you need is:
Why join KCU?
- The Knights Credit Union kiosk is open during lunchtime Tuesday-Friday. Make deposits, withdraw money, and get help
with online and mobile banking-right in the cafeteria!
- Manage your accounts anytime, anywhere, with our free access systems:
- FREE Online Banking and Bill Pay
- FREE Mobile banking
- FREE Estatements
- FREE Activity Notifications via e-mail. Be notified automatically when your paycheck is deposited or when your Freedom
Checking account falls below a certain balance.
- FREE ATM/Debit Card use: Use the ATM at Northwest High School and at our branch at 3550 Springdale Rd.
free of charge anytime. Use any PNC ATM free of charge up to 10 times per month.
- Shared branching gives you access to over 35 credit union branches in greater Cincinnati, and over 5,000 in the United States.
To find participating shared branches, you can use our website, www.copfcu.com,
our mobile app, COPFCU Mobile, or www.sharedbranching.org.
All you will need to use shared branching is your account number and a valid ID.
- Overdraft forgiveness two times per year-simply let us know that you were charged an overdraft fee within 60 days
and we will refund your account.
Throw for Dough (and Other Perks!)
Want to Throw for Dough? Contact any KCU employee, or Robin Lynd, Student Branch Coordinator, at (513) 385-4808, or
- KCU Members have the opportunity to win $50 or more at football and basketball home games in Throw for Dough!
- Other perks include members-only scholarship opportunities, chances to win FREE tickets to Knights football and basketball
games, and members-only parties & activities!
Each year, the Cincinnati Police Federal Credit Union offers a $4,000 scholarship to a senior from NWLSD.
The award is paid directly to the recipient's COPFCU savings account to be used for tuition and/or other expenses. Check the
COPFCU website for details.
Find the application here.
We are excited to help you learn about the importance of money management and a healthy financial future! As you leave
Northwest High School, your account and the skills you've learned will go with you into the next chapter of your life. If you have
any questions, please contact: